Adolescents are going through all kinds of changes in their lives. Central Student Ministries, or CSM is there to help students find their way spiritually, and to make sense of all the changes they are experiencing. There are large group times together, small group times, retreats, activities, and much more available to jr. and sr. high students here at Central.
The purpose of Central Student Ministries is to raise-up a generation of passionate life-long Christ followers. Some distinctives include:
• A commitment to the Word of God, we teach from it, our worship is shaped by it, and we plan everything we do around it...We want our students to see their lives as part of a BIG STORY, God's story.
• Community. We put a premium on relationships with peers and with leaders. The motto of our leaders is, "follow me as I follow Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). And, we try to get every student involved in a small group with peers.
• Worship. We want to teach young people to worship God with their whole life...Every decision...Everyday. Worship doesn't just happen during a church service.
• Movement. We want to equip and send our students. We are aiming to train up a generation of radical Christ followers that will take their faith beyond the walls of a church. We encourage them to reach out with the love of Christ to their families, school campuses, and any other places that they can think of. Join us in the movement.
• Parents are a vital key in accomplishing our goal. C.S.M. views the relationship with parents as a partnership where we work together to accomplish the task of training our young people. Please check out the Links for Parents at www.centralstudentsministry.blogspot.com to get more info.
If you are in grades 6- 12 then we would love it if you came to check out our services.
Junior High: Grades 6-8: Wednesdays 6–7:30 pm
High School: Grades 9-12: Wednesdays 7:30–9 pm
Central Student Ministry (CSM) United
Begins June 1
Over the summertime, we reformat our weekly meetings. All grades meet from
7-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday nights. We unite together for large group worship and teaching. The rest of our night is designed to help our kids have fun with their peers. Here is a sample schedule of our night.
Be sure to keep an eye on the calendar because there are four Wednesdays this summer that we do not have United.
Central Student Ministry Grill Out and Chill Out
Wed. May 18
6 p.m. Jr. High & 7:30 p.m. high school
To celebrate the arrival of warm weather and the completion of another school year of ministry, we will have youth group in the courtyard. We’ll have food, yard games, and fun activities. Then, we’ll do worship and teaching in the open spring air. Don’t miss out.
CSM Urban Mission Trip for High School Students
This summer, we are teaming up with City on a Hill in Milwaukee to provide a short-term urban mission trip for our students. The dates are August 2-7 and the cost is $400 per student. For more information please contact Cory Williams at email@example.com.
May 18 | Grill Out and Chill Out
May 25 | Last CSM of the Spring Semester
June 1 | United Begins! New time 7-8:30 p.m.
June 15 | Off
June 22 | Off (Outdoor Outreach)
July 27 | Off (CIY)
Aug 3 | Off (City on a Hill Urban Mission)
Aug 24 | Last United of the Summer
Sign up for Parent Emails from Cory