"Found Faithful" is our new series at youth group designed to help students figure out how to live faithfully. We begin this series this week. Junior High is at 6 p.m. and High School starts at 7:30 p.m.
February 27 – March 1 we are heading to Lake Geneva, WI for a winter retreat called "Come Away: Rest for the Weary". The cost is $150 per student which covers transportation, meals, and activities. We do have a scholarship application for those in need of assistance. We also have reduced pricing for multi-student families. This is both a junior high and high school event (grades 6-12). For more information please contact Cory Williams at 608.362.7663 x24 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register online at https://centralchristian.smartevents.com/come-away
It's retreat time! This winter CSM is heading to Lake Geneva February 27th-March 1st with our Jr. High and High School students. In the past our retreats have been a major catalyst to the movement of the Holy Spirit in the lives of our students. We want to take as many of our CSM students as possible, but there are several who could not afford this trip on their own. We wanted to ask if you would be willing to sponsor one of our students so they can experience what could be a life changing weekend. The total cost of the trip is $150. Any little bit will help because we offer full and partial scholarships to the students. Contact Shannon (email@example.com) for more info or simply drop a check in the offering bucket and write ‘CSM Scholarships’ in the memo line. Thanks so much for the role you play in the lives of our students!
Adolescents are going through all kinds of changes in their lives. Central Student Ministries, or CSM is there to help students find their way spiritually, and to make sense of all the changes they are experiencing. There are large group times together, small group times, retreats, activities, and much more available to jr. and sr. high students here at Central.
The purpose of Central Student Ministries is to raise-up a generation of passionate life-long Christ followers. Some distinctives include:
• A commitment to the Word of God, we teach from it, our worship is shaped by it, and we plan everything we do around it...We want our students to see their lives as part of a BIG STORY, God's story.
• Community. We put a premium on relationships with peers and with leaders. The motto of our leaders is, "follow me as I follow Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1). And, we try to get every student involved in a small group with peers.
• Worship. We want to teach young people to worship God with their whole life...Every decision...Everyday. Worship doesn't just happen during a church service.
• Movement. We want to equip and send our students. We are aiming to train up a generation of radical Christ followers that will take their faith beyond the walls of a church. We encourage them to reach out with the love of Christ to their families, school campuses, and any other places that they can think of. Join us in the movement.
• Parents are a vital key in accomplishing our goal. C.S.M. views the relationship with parents as a partnership where we work together to accomplish the task of training our young people. Please check out the Links for Parents at www.centralstudentsministry.blogspot.com to get more info.
If you are in grades 6- 12 then we would love it if you came to check out our services.
Junior High: Grades 6-8: Wednesdays 6–7:30 pm
High School: Grades 9-12: Wednesdays 7:30–9 pm
Sign up for Parent Emails from Cory